The diatomaceous earth made me feel better at first, until I added the iodine. The iodine caused a lot of problems, so I had to quit taking it for a few days. I'm not taking two drops of 5% Lugol's in 8 ozs. of water drunk throughout the day. I think taking it all at once was what caused most of the problems.
I am beginning to see a difference in my skin from the DE. It seems a little softer and not as dry. I'm going to add some Vitamin C serum to my protocol next month to see if that speeds things up a little.
I've been slack in taking my vitamins and supplements this month, and I'm beginning to see that I need to get back on them. I had read that the diatomaceous earth removed good things too, like iron, copper and zinc. I really need to get on a strict protocol to replace those. I read that you should take the DE in the morning and take your supplements about 6 hours later, or at night. Or you can take your supplements in the morning and take the DE at night. I think that might be the best way for me, since my supplements give me energy and may disturb my sleep.
Speaking of sleep, all my reading says that DE helps you sleep better, and I have found that to be true. When I forgot to take it for a few days, I had insomnia.
As for my hair, I can see a tiny bit of difference in the thickness, but I do think I still need to do the castor oil treatment at least 3 times a week, because it seems to help keep the hair from falling out. I believe I will need at least another month to really get a full idea of the benefits of DE.
So, wrapping it up, this is what I'm going to do for next month:
- Start back on all my supplements
- Add Vitamin C serum to my skin care regimen
- Continue to take 1 tablespoon of DE a day, but switch to taking it at night
- Take iodine in 8 ozs. of water drunk throughout the day. Try to increase by 1 drop a week.
- Add my borax back into my regimen at 1/4 tsp. in 1 liter of water drunk throughout the day
- Do a castor oil treatment on my hair three times a week
- Start back taking my coconut oil daily.